Entries Open until 22 August
- Late Entries – if accepted, a 25% late fee will apply – Contact Us
- NO Enter on the Day options due to covid safe requirements i.e., you must enter in advance.
For information on covid and Tasmania here is the Tasmanian Government covid website. This includes information on coming to Tasmania and transit through high risk areas. We recommend you follow this website to keep up to date with the situation.
To enter: Go to Eventor*
But First – you might like to save yourself some grief, and read the 5 points below!
* Eventor is the online entry system for orienteering. If you are not already registered in Eventor, you will need to do this as a first step. Then to work out how to enter through Eventor, you need to follow these instructions. Further, if you are new to major events orienteering, it is also a great idea to Read the Participation FAQS
1. Take a squiz at the Entry Fees & Refund Policy:
See the Entry Fees & Refund Policies to find out about: costs, family discounts, who classifies as a junior and sub junior, entry to the Schools Championships, and refunds in the covid era.
2. Discover the nitty gritty in the Latest Update!
3. Learn how to enter ALL events &/or Multiple People
If you go to the Eventor entry pages you will see a series of Check boxes on the far right of the line for each event. If you click on the box you will see a tick appear in the box. That means you have selected that event to enter.
Go down the list of events and tick the ones you wish to enter and then when you go to the next page in the entry process you will see all the events you ticked listed for you to check classes etc. At that point there is a green link with “Cancel, change or add multiple entries” (or words to that effect) and you should click this link if you want to add other family members or club members to your mass entry.
Continue through the entry process and you will come to a summary with all the events you picked listed and the total price shown. You then can pay for all at the same time.
4. Are you a student wanting to enter the Schools Champs?
Please read the nitty gritty on how to enter the Australian Schools Championships. In true orienteering style with a penchant for copious rules, it is convoluted.
5. As you enter, get ready to:
- Enter the class that suits you best! There are a range of classes (gender, age and level of difficulty) to suit all levels. Discover the class that suits you best!
- to request special start times due to exceptional circumstances (this includes carer logistics, tight travel times, or other compelling reasons) – you are welcome to Contact Us. As the subject header please enter ‘Split Start Request’. And in the body, include the date, event name, and the names, classes and SI numbers or everybody involved. Plus the compelling reason! We will consider but not necessarily grant your request.
- complete a Risk Waiver
- provide your timing device number (this can be updated at a later time by contacting us – not just by updating your details in Eventor). Every person needs their own, i.e. no sharing. You can use an SI Air Card (SIAC) (all events will use SIAC compatible controls) or an SI stick. But the memory on a P Card is limited to 18 controls which will not be enough for some events. Due to Covid safe requirements, there will be no devices available for hire. You can buy timing devices from Aussieogear or WildfireSports
- Grab a souvenir! Think about buying AOC2021 Merchandise! O Tops, Sprint Singlets and Usable Race Cups are selectable under ‘available services’. Information on the design and sizes of O Tops and Sprint Singlets and details on re-usable cups is available under ‘Documents and Links’. See: https://eventor.orienteering.asn.au/Events/Show/9671